Is it possible mold could be contaminating your home? Call us today for a free over the phone consultation. 406.256.9111
Jim Pearson CMH, President & CEO of Americlean
Mold growth in your home can be the cause of many health issues. While all doctors do not agree that mold can make you sick, virtually all of them agree that exposure to airborne mold spores can attack your immune system and wear it down to the point that you catch every cold or flu bug that comes along.
I'm talking about normally healthy people! Those having some degree of immune deficiency or are are immune-compromised are a completely different story. Weakened immune systems include infants (who have not yet fully developed an immune system and many others such as
In people with compromised immune systems, exposure to any type of mold generally produces an adverse response. More importantly, certain common molds such as Aspergillus, Stachybotrys and several other genre can be life threatening.
You can't see mold spores because they are too small. In fact, they are so small that they often become airborne and float around for days. When you see mold growth, you are actually seeing millions of spores packed together on a support web. Much like looking at a city from 5,000 feet in the air, you will not see the people, but you can certainly see the result of human activity.
The inhalation of these spores, or physical contact with mold growth can cause a variety of health problems. Often, we don't even realize our health issues are a result of exposure to mold in our homes or businesses.
Health symptoms of excessive mold exposure include the following.
Tired of being sick and want to get to the source of the problem? call us now (406)256-9111